The Holidays are here!
One of the most sacred, beautiful times of the year is now hitting full stride after Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Cyber Monday have come and gone.
The holiday season can be one of the most joyous, yet exhausting, and stress filled times of the year and these emotions can happen all at the same time. You may see long distance family and friends or have guests for the holidays. You might also be working full time, dealing with kids that have their own holiday agendas. You might be involved in church or charity projects, you may still have more shopping for gifts, not to mention figuring out how you will entertain, finish decorating, send out cards, and plan all your meals…whoa!!!! What is a person to do?
Self care is of the utmost importance at this time. A little careful planning and a commitment to a ritual of self care can go a long way towards navigating the holiday season, feeling festive and looking fabulous. You may be thinking, “but I don’t have the time for this stuff”, and we get it!
Here are 5 field tested tips that will have you feeling your best and keep your skin glowing with radiance:
- Always cleanse your skin in the morning. Your skin has been working hard all night and you want to set it up for a great day with the right serum, hydration and protection. After cleansing, apply Skin Serum, followed by Intensive Moisturizer. Very important is the addition of a chemical free sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 30. Protection is your best friend and you need it whether it is sunny or cloudy. Time: 2 minutes
- Practice gratitude every morning. To practice gratitude, you need to feel the gratitude. Breathe deeply and connect with something in your life you feel deeply grateful for. As you focus on that, keep breathing and let the feeling wash through your body. Feeling goose bumps or tingles? Really soak this in and carry this feeling throughout the day. Time: 3 minutes
- Stay hydrated! Dry winter air and going in and out of heated buildings really saps your skin and your energy levels. Staying hydrated will benefit your skin and your energy and leave you feeling great all day. Don’t like the taste of water? Add some lemon or a flavor you enjoy. Drink healthy, decaffeinated teas, such as green tea which contains vital anti-oxidants. Skip the afternoon coffee and sugar which picks you up then throws you down. Time: 0 minutes…you’re drinking something anyway
- Always cleanse your face at night with a cleanser perfect for your skin type. This is one of the most important tips in creating healthy skin. Your skin and body repair at night while sleeping. It is very important to cleanse the day off your skin. On clean skin apply powerful anti-aging Skin Serum, followed by Intensive Moisturizer to hydrate the skin and repair and protect the skin barrier. Time: 2 minutes
- Reflect on the day each evening. The day is done, your evening facial ritual is complete and you’re ready for sleep. Close your eyes breathe deeply and reflect on the day that is coming to a close. Remember the smiles and hugs and kind words that have been shared. This is not the time to go over negativities. This is a time to check in and connect with your life. Breathe deeply, with a smile on your face, and be grateful for the day. Time: 2 minutes
Can you do more? Of course. Eating healthy foods, getting the right amount of sleep and keeping to an exercise routine are important and now isn’t the time to let that go. At times, holiday planning is out of your hands and you will have to make choices, so choose wisely.
Can you do more? Of course. Eating healthy foods, getting the right amount of sleep and keeping an exercise routine are super helpful as well. But during the holidays your friends and family are frequently offering you tasty foods and drinks that are less than healthy, and the combination of preparation for your special events and the clean up after, let alone all the conversations to catch up with friends and family leads to less rest.
So try to gift yourself with just 10 minutes a day of self care. And remember that you deserve to feel festive and fabulous all through the holidays and beyond.
From all of us at NeoGenesis, we wish you and your family great memories and many blessings!