The information we receive depends on what you do when you visit our Site(s). We do not collect or retain any personal information unless you choose to provide it to us. When you visit our Site(s), NeoGenesis collects and stores non-personally identifiable information such as the name of the domain from which you access the Internet, the date and time you access our Site, and the Internet address of the website from which you linked to our Site. NeoGenesis may also use your information if you opt to receive information about NeoGenesis, purchasing or inquiring about NeoGenesis products. We use this information to track the number of visitors to the different pages of our Site as well as make our Site more convenient to users.
Information You Provide
You may choose to provide personal information to us in a number of ways, such as when you participate in an offer or promotion, when you complete forms on our site, when you make a purchase on our site or in our stores or visit our social media pages. The types of personal information you may provide to us includes:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, mobile or other phone number)
- Date of birth
- Username and password
- Payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, delivery address, and billing address)
- Your purchase history
- Skin Tone, Skin Concerns, Face Shape, and Eye Color
- Contact information for friends or family you would like us to send a message to on your behalf (please ensure that you only submit contact information of individuals with whom you have a personal or family relationship and who would want to receive messages from you)
- Information or content you provide (such as photographs, videos, reviews, articles, or survey responses)
- Information provided to us through social networks or third-party platforms when you, for example, log-in to your account using social media log-in, visit or engage with our social media content, or communicate with us via social media (such as your name, e-mail, profile picture, likes, location, friend list, photos or other information described by the applicable social network or platform)
- Geo-location details
How We Use the Information
We may use the information you provide to:
- Send you promotional materials or other communications
- Provide services to you and operate features on our site
- Process your payment and/or gift card transactions
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your online and in-store purchase history
- Assist with product selection and replenishment through our in-store customer registry
- Chat with you or respond to your inquiries, requests, comments, or suggestions
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers
- Operate and communicate with you about our social media pages or mobile applications
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; enhancing and improving our services; managing our communications; analyzing our products; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection. The information collected is necessary for the purposes set forth above. Without this information, you may not be able to take advantage of some of our products or services.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you visit our site, view or click on our online advertisements (including our advertisements on third party websites), visit our social media pages, we also collect certain information about your usage or device by automated means or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons. For example, we may collect your IP address, your unique device identifier (or other device identifier) and/or geolocation data. As set forth in more detail below, we may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies.
Technologies We May Use
Cookies, Web Server Logs and Web Beacons
Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings in your browser. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
In conjunction with obtaining information through cookies, our web servers may log details such as your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone in which your device is located. The web server logs also may record information such as the address of the web page that linked you to our site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet.
To control which web servers collect this information, we may place tags on our web pages called “web beacons.” These are computer instructions that link web pages to particular web servers and their cookies.
Third Party Web Analytics Services
You may deactivate the ability of these analytics services to analyze your browsing activities on this site. To learn more about web analytics services and exercise your choice with respect to their collection of information on this site:
- To disable Google Analytics, please download the browser add-on for the deactivation of Google Analytics provided by Google at http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
- We may implement certain Google Analytics Advertising Features (including Remarketing with Google Analytics; Google Display Network Impression Reporting or Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). You can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features through Google Ad settings or by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. We will use the data provided by these features as described under “How We Use the Information.”
- In the US: the Digital Advertising Alliance at www.aboutads.info/choices or the Network Advertising Initiative at www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- In Canada: the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada at http://youradchoices.ca/choices/.
We may also use third-party platforms and technology, including platforms operated by social networks, such as Google, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest to show you interest-based ads. These companies have specific Interest-Based Ads programs that match people that have shown interest in NeoGenesis through our websites, stores or other services with users on their platforms and properties. If we participate in these programs, we convert your personal information (which may include name, email address or telephone number) or other information into a unique value which can be matched by those third parties with a user on their platform or with other data they may have collected from you. This matching allows us to deliver interest-based ads to users of these platforms. To opt-out of these ads, you must change your advertising preferences for those third-party platforms. You can manage your preferences for these advertising programs by clicking on the following relevant links: for Facebook click here, for Google click here and for Instagram click here. These platforms may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review.
We may disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
To our Consultants and or staff members to provide services to you; To organizations that perform services for us or on our behalf, including, without limitation, to provide customer service; process credit cards; conduct research, marketing or data processing; or to provide marketing and promotional services on our behalf, to the extent that information is necessary to provide services to us; To protect the Site and our rights; to protect ourselves against liability or prevent fraudulent activity; or where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain; In the event of or in connection with the sale, merger, spin-off or other corporate reorganization of our corporation, where the information is provided to the new controlling entity in regular course of business; If required to comply with a subpoena or warrant issued or an order made by a court, person or body with jurisdiction to compel the production of information, or to comply with the rules or court relating to the production of records; and If we believe in good faith that a law, regulation, rule or guideline requires it.
How We Use the Information Collected by Automated Means
We may use the information collected through automated means on this site to deliver personalized content, improve our site, and product and service offerings, for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you’ve visited us before or are new to the site, to tailor ads displayed to you on third party sites, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures, including compliance with relevant industry standards and the enforcement of our Terms and Conditions. We also may use the information in other ways for which specific notice is provided at the time of collection.
California Do Not Track Notice
Under California law, website and online service operators are required to disclose how they respond to web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personal information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites. We currently do not change our tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals or other similar mechanisms.
California law also requires website and online service operators to disclose whether third parties may collect personal information about their users’ online activities over time and across different sites when the users use the operator’s website or service. Third parties that have content or services on our site such as a social feature, analytics service, or an advertising network partner, may obtain information about your browsing or usage habits but this information does not include personal information. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to “do-not-track” signals from your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor “do-not-track” signals. To learn more about browser tracking signals and “Do Not Track,” please visit http://allaboutdnt.org.
Information We Share
We do not rent lists, sell or otherwise disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Third party service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting services, advertising services and marketing services.
- Other third parties with your consent.
In addition, we and our affiliates and other service providers in the United States, Canada and other jurisdictions may disclose information about you if required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, including (i) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
Your Rights And Choices
We offer you certain choices in connection with the personal information we collect from you, such as how we use the information and how we communicate with you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.
You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing emails you receive from us or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org If you opt out of receiving marketing communications from us, we may still contact you in connection with your account, transactions and communications with us.
Postal Mail Opt-Out
You can ask NeoGenesis Inc. to stop sending you marketing communications by postal mail to:
11588 Sorrento Valley Road #18
San Diego, CA 92121 USA.
When you use one of our mobile applications, we may ask you for your geo-location. You may choose not to share your geo-location details by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. To decline from sharing your geo-location details, follow the instructions on your mobile device on changing the relevant settings; otherwise, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of your personal information. We will apply your preferences going forward within a reasonable amount of time. In some circumstances, withdrawing your consent to our use or disclosure of your personal information will mean that you cannot take advantage of some of our products or services.
Reviewing, Updating and Modifying Personal Information
Subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to and receive details about the personal information we maintain about you, update and correct inaccuracies in your personal data, and have the information blocked or deleted, as appropriate. The right to access personal information may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements. You may request to review, change or delete your personal information by sending an email to email@example.com. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If you are under thirteen years of age, you may browse our site. However, you may not provide personal information to us and you may not download any of our mobile applications. This site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of thirteen on the site. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal information from a visitor under the age of thirteen on the site, we will delete the information from our records.
How We Protect Personal Information
To prevent unauthorized use, maintain data accuracy and ensure the appropriate use of information, NeoGenesis has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure information collected online. NeoGenesis is working to meet or exceed the requirements for the 12 Payment Card Industry (PCI) and Data Security Standards to ensure that any data you provide is secure.
Links To Other Websites
Our website may provide links to other websites or third-party platforms for your convenience and information. These websites or third-party platforms may operate independently from us and have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites or third-party platform you visit is not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the sites or platforms, or their privacy practices.
How To Contact Us