Methods for Tattoo Removal
Tattoo removal requests have grown significantly in recent years. Tattoo ink in the skin is removed by using a specific wavelength of light (1064 nm) that passes through the skin and is absorbed by the ink. The rapid absorption of light energy causes the tattoo ink to break into tiny particle remnants that will then be removed by the body’s natural filtering systems. The laser removes the tattoo while damaging the surrounding skin to some degree.
Laser treatment for tattoo removal has improved significantly over the years, making it easier and less painful to remove unwanted tattoos. However, complete removal can be difficult in many cases, especially for people who have dark skin or multicolored tattoos. The light and heat help remove the tattoo but also create laser wounds. Wound healing will occur over a period of weeks.
NeoGenesis Products for Tattoo Removal
After tattoo removal, treat the skin in the same manner as recommended for a laser treatment.
Tattoo Removal Protocol; twice daily until healing is complete
- Gently cleanse the area with the NeoGenesis Cleanser
- Apply NeoGenesis Recovery serum to the site of where the tattoo was removed
- Apply Barrier Renewal Cream, Intensive Moisturizer or the Body Cream
- When applicable, protect the skin with chemical free sunscreen
- NeoGenesis Moisturizing Mist may be used throughout the day for immediate soothing relief